Gun Safe Summary: The Viking VS-35BM is a gun safe that meets the needs of many modern-day gun owners. As technology has become more advanced, gun safes have become more advanced as well. Instead of having to fumble for a set of keys in order to get your handgun, you can instead use the advanced biometric reader. Biometric readers focus on using your fingerprints instead of a key or buttons that you can mess up in an emergency situation. The accuracy is incredibly high, and biometric technology makes breaking into one of these safes more difficult than it has ever been.
Low-quality safes take several seconds to read your fingerprints, but the VS-35BM does so in less than a second. Those same low-quality safes are made with “locker level” material that can easily be pried open, but Viking Safes also make that difficult. You can’t pick it, and you almost have to blow it up in order to get the safe open. On top of all of that, the keys are even advanced, which means you need a special locksmith in order to get copies of it; no one is getting into your safe without your permission or assistance.
Size and where it fits: This handgun safe measures 9.8 x 13.8 x 9.9 inches and weighs approximately 29 pounds. It is fairly easy to transport and fits almost anywhere. Unlike other handgun safes, it may be difficult to fit under your bed (depending on the size and height of your bed), but it will fit almost anywhere else with ease.
What it’s made of: The VS-35BM is made out of heavy gauge steel on all four of the sides. The outside of the steel is powered with a black powder-coat. Even though the safe is relatively small, the heavy gauge steel plays a large role in the sheer weight of this heavy-duty gun safe.
Why this Gun Safe is good: There are a variety of reasons that the VS-35BM is one of the best gun safes in its price range. Let’s take a look at some of the best things about this particular safe, especially when you are comparing it with other biometric fingerprint safes.
– The Viking VS-35BM very well built; it doesn’t only look sturdy, but it feels sturdy and has solid welding construction.
– The door of the VS-35BM opens smoothly; it very rarely jams or gets stuck. The locking mechanism is motorized and I am not sure exactly how this works but the door pops open.
– The process of fingerprint programming is very simple; even if you don’t understand technology, it’s quite simple to put in several fingerprints (the instructions recommend several finger angles in case of emergency). The reader works incredibly well and is very sensitive.
– Even though you can’t see the key slot from the outside, it’s fairly easy to access the key slot. No tools needed. You simply push the Viking icon down and the key slot is there. Those who have needed to use an override key in other safes know this is a big plus.
– The cost is one of the best perks about this safe. The Viking VS-35BM actually costs less than some of the non-biometric safes that are still out there. For a biometric safe in this price range, it actually works incredibly well and looks great as well.
Overall, this safe is an excellent addition to any home that needs a gun safe or any other type of safe. It will keep your gun safe and secure without causing you problems when you need to access it, and the cost is incredibly low. What more could you ask for in a gun safe?
Conclusion: If you are looking for a quality gun safe, it is incredibly important to do a lot of research. Here at our sitewe are equipping you with all the first hand information that we have when it comes to buying a gun safe. If you are looking for a gun safe that will keep your handguns safe so you can keep your home and loved ones safe, you need to do research to ensure that you’re getting the best gun safe for your money. You also need to make sure that you can get into it quickly and easily. Before making a final decision, look through the site and read our reviews so you can make the right decision for yourself.